Lawyer, Founding Partner and General Director
Has been professionally practicing for more than 25 years in Intellectual and Industrial Property in matters concerning trademarks, patents, trade secrets, e-commerce, copyright, unfair competition, franchising, domain names and litigation in these areas.
He has been licensed to practice as a lawyer throughout the Mexican Republic since 1994. He holds a Law Degree from Anahuac University in Mexico City under the thesis entitled "The Trade Name in the Mexican Law." He is as well, arbitrator in the regulated arbitration proceeding by the Federal Copyright Law granted by The National Institute of Copyright (INDAUTOR) 2019.
He has attended specialized courses in Mexico as well as in the United States of America, including those of Comparative Law at Harvard University and International Business at the Escuela Libre de Derecho. He also received his master’s degree in Intellectual Property at the prestigious Law School of Franklin Pierce in Concord, New Hampshire in 1995.
In the year 2005 he attended courses of mediator and advanced mediator in Conflicts related to Intellectual Property given by the Arbitration and Mediation Centre of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in Geneva, Switzerland. He has participated as a speaker in several national and international forums, as well as a columnist in multiple media regarding Intellectual Property issues.
He is a former President of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers, Bar Association (ANADE). In 2016, he was awarded the “Client Choice Awards” for Intellectual Property by Lexology Magazine. Furthermore, in 2016 he contributed to the Industrial Property Law Reform in connection the opposition system in Mexico.
At the end of 2018 he made his debut as conductor of the "Perspectiva" program broadcast by the Judicial Channel, where every week the program looks at a different Law Theme.
Jose Juan is President of the Mexican Association of Lawyers of Intelectual Property (AMPPI) for the biennium 2021-2022.
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers, Bar Association (ANADE)
- Mexican Bar Association
- Mexican Association of Lawyers of Intelectual Property (AMPPI)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member of the Organizing Committee of AIPPI Congress 2018, Cancun, Mexico.
- The International Trademark Association (INTA), member of the Geographical Indications subcommittee for Latin America,
- The Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI), President of the Fashion Law Committee.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- European Communities Trade Association (ECTA)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- American Bar Association
- Social Union of Mexican Entrepreneurs (USEM)
- International Busines Law Services (IBLS)
Spanish, English and French.
52 (55) 5533 1505
52 (55) 5511 1227